White Roof Systems
Duro-Last is a leader in manufacturing white roof systems. A white roof is highly reflective and usually highly emissive, transferring less heat into the building compared to a dark-colored roof. White roofs provide benefits in all climates throughout the United States:
- White roofs with high reflectivity can be 70°F cooler or more during hot summer days when compared with traditional roofing materials.
- White roof systems save money and energy during peak cooling demand periods - typically mid-days, when electricity demand and costs are highest.
- White roofs are effective in virtually all climates. Building owners in some areas have seen a 40% reduction in energy consumption during peak times of the year after installing white, highly-reflective roofing systems.
- In non-conditioned space, white roofing can reduce workspace heat, improving working conditions, and increasing employee productivity.
- A white roof surface can reduce the cost of operating rooftop HVAC units because the units will use cooler air than if mounted on a dark roof surface.
- White roof systems help reduce the urban heat-island effect by reflecting solar heat rather than absorbing and transferring it to buildings.
- By keeping moisture out while reflecting ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) radiation, a white roof can help to protect underlying insulation and the roofing substrate from deterioration.
The Duro-Last Cool Zone® white roof system offers all these benefits, and more.